Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Secret projects...



I secretly worked on little projects last spring.. some in the summer, a bit in the fall and then a mad rush in December.... because my little projects were Xmas and Birthday gifts for my family and friends.

While I was graced with my sister's fantastic sewing machine and fun threads,
I started sewing little signature blocks, and tucking them away with all my nieces, sister in law
s, mother in laws and some of my friends names on them.
I picked away at finding fun fabrics to match, and fun buttons to accent.
Then I started making my "take a long" bags in the fall, and my little H1N1 vacation set me back quite a bit but with my sister's gentle encouragement, I picked away, 20 minutes at a time.. and finished all my little bags for family and friends.
In all, I made 12, I think. They were so fun to make and even better to give. The theme of the bags I made were black on the outside, with fun zipper panels, and fun, bright fabrics on the inside. I chose to make them black so that the bright threads in the their "names" would pop. My sister is making some right now for all her little grandkids... so head to her blog to catch a peek at some really cute Take A Longs made with fun fabrics on the outside.


10 comments:

Mick said...

I love that you blogged photos of them :)! They are all soooo pretty!

GailM. said...

Those colors are so nice on the black fabric. I love all the names. I love all the little embroideries you picked to accent the names. The fonts are perfect, aren't they. Just a little wimzical.

I'm finished my other 3 kids bags with the matching wonder wallets. I'm just sewing on buttons now. I'll post later today and link back to you.

I'm so glad you took pictures. They are great inspiration.

Anonymous said...

They are all so pretty and I absolutely LOVE mine. Thanks for making me one, as well as teaching me how to use the machine to make some bags for some of my family members!
Deb

jo(e) said...

They came out great! What a thoughtful gift.

Josee said...

Wow, these are beautiful. I wish you took orders.

Anonymous said...

So pretty Donna!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bags. What a great idea! What font/embroidery program did you use?

ozjane said...

fabulous........I beavered away at making my adaption of the one hour bags and finished four..feels good.
I must use some embroidery also.

Unknown said...

I love how they pop on the black. I would also like to know what font you used for the names. My email addy is rarinstamp@shaw.ca. Thanks for sharing:)

Gatormom said...

I am totally enamored with your version of these little bags. Great job! What machine did you use? What kind of black fabric is that? And what font? Please, do tell!
awbailey@gmail.com