Sunday, July 12, 2009

A rocky beach....

Margaretsville... on the Bay of Fundy. Highest tides in the world. Also, a good rock picking beach. This beach has round rocks, long stick rocks, smooth black rocks and crystally white ones too. It also has a fun little lighthouse that everyone sketches or photographs. I would recognise it anywhere... my little pet peeve is that when I see sketches of it.. people actually sketch in that stupid telephone wire. I mean, COME ON... that annoys me. Its one thing to take a picture of it and then not know how to "Photoshop" that wire out, but sketching... geesh....
That being said, the girls and I drove to the beach in Margaretsville, on a very hot day this week, to enjoy the rocks and the cool breeze. We walked the beach (with much difficulty, as crocs are not the best footwear for a rocky beach) and then we stopped, sat for a while and snacked. then the girls ventured off to the waterfalls and Mollie and I stayed behind. The kids are a dot on the shore line. Mollie kept a watchful eye on them, as they explored the rocks beyond the waterfall.

We are so lucky to have a cooling off place to go when the weather gets above 30 Celsius.

1 comment:

GailM. said...

I've never been there. I wonder what the tide schedule is. While we're down, it would be nice to take the kids at high tide and low tide. And how do you get there.