Sunday, June 14, 2009

In with the new



Terry finished the fence in less then 6 days, working after work and the weekend. We had such a great weekend last weekend, weather wise, and not even very buggie. Terry had come up with all kinds of designs of what we could do right at the fire pit area to sort of make it a little more private. He had some pretty elaborate design ideas but in the end, he went with a simple "taller & wider" version of the rest of the fence panels. We wanted to do something different to give that area a bit of privacy (as much as you can get in such a "back yard to back yard" environment. We wanted something that would keep down the noise from us sitting around the fire at night too.


When Terry first built it, the little boy who lives behind us was swinging on the swingset behind it and he said to Terry, I think I can still hit my ball over that fence too. You might have to make it bigger all the way across! I chuckled because we end up with his toys over on our side several times a week, and his sister comes over and retrieves them. I hope his mom doesn't think thats why we raised up the fence right there!

2 comments:

GailM. said...

Ahh nice. Only 6 weeks to go and I'll be able to see that nice fence for myself....

Jill said...

It looks even better in real life. Terry did such a great job!