Sunday, March 23, 2008

The hunt is on......

or, I should say..... The DOG ATE MY HOMEWORK...

Let me begin with my Friday Mystery. At lunch on Friday, I sat with dad down in his TV room, in the big red chair, and enjoyed my sandwich while watching "The Price is Right", my Dad's noon hour ritual.. I took out my retainer and sat it on the arm of my chair. During my lunch, Terry calls me to the phone because my sister in law called me (long distance). After a few minutes on the phone, a few more minutes making the tea, a few more minutes putting dishes in the dishwasher, a few more minutes sitting with Terry..... I realized I didn't have my retainer in, and scooted down stairs to deliver the tea, and scoop my retainer. It wasn't there, and I checked my pockets.... not there either. Bounced upstairs, and looked in my usual hiding spot in the kitchen... not there. Invited Terry in on the search, and even Dad got into looking. The only one who didn't seem too interested in looking was ....... you got it..... the dog. Its been 3 days of looking and..... we have come to the conclusion... that my dog ate my retainer.... yup. You wonder why I bring that up today.... Easter Sunday.... A day of rejoicing in Jesus rising up from the dead.

Well, it is also a day of Easter Egg Hunt Day in our house. An annual tradition around here, which has had to take a different direction of hunting for the past 7 or 8 years because we have a very smart dog. She is a disaster to any Easter Egg Hunt and we have had to be creative in our "hiding" of the treasure.
This year, we have brought the newest technology into the game and have provided our victims with two GPS's and one GPS coordinate. (hidden in the one basket that sat upon the table, filled with 4 of everything (you know traditional eggs, little bunnies).
And off they went.... wearing their Easter bunny ears and driving down the highway about 50 km to find the first treasure in a farm field under a tree (belonging to a friend of Terry's). We have had several phone calls home filled with confusion and frustration and then ultimate victory at finding the first package. When they opened it..... they found a prize and a new coordinate!! After each phone call, the laughter and excitement coming out of their father and grandfather is almost more fun than the search itself!! The first property belongs to a tech friend of Terry's and therefore we have pictures of 4 very confused little bunnies wandering his back 40 with two GPS's. The first is Stephanie leading the wanderers in the bitter Easter cold and the second is 4 very cold but victorious bunnies....




1 comment:

GailM. said...

Oh, those kids look coooold.. They need bunny hats for those bunny ears. I see Stef finished her skirt. Cute..