Wednesday, January 9, 2008

So much for Blogging more......

The trick is in the realizing that every blog does not have to be a thousand word novelette... right?

I want to point out that in my blogs I visit, I did a little housecleaning and taken off a couple and added one (so far). This is by far my favorite site and I check it often. January seems to be not only the month of getting fitter and eating right, it is also the month that everyone wants to start organizing things and throwing out stuff etc. Sadly, I am like that every month but I just don't follow through. But this site "Uncluttered" deals with all kinds of things that are of great interest to anyone who wants to get better control of the crap that is all over their lives. Have a look. Every Wednesday, they highlight one useless item that we see in stores (and sadly, in our own homes) that has one use. Its called a unitasker. Some of them are hilarious.

Michelle and Scott have bought a car. A 2004 Ford Focus ZX5. They get it on the weekend and they bought it from a very nice saleman in Dartmouth who owns a small car lot with another guy. He has even offered to pick up Mick and Scott at the airport (where they are busing from St. FX) and take them into Dartmouth to sign all the papers and stuff. How nice is that.! So, stay tuned for car pics by the weekend.

Stephanie is hard at work in her last semester, and working on "points" as well for Weight Watchers. Her sister is joining in for support. Not me.... I have other techniques.... the no eating cause you have a big ugly retainer in your mouth is working pretty good right now. Plus Jacquie and I are back at the "after school" program with our "slim in 6" videos. (6 years, not 6 weeks, we have proven the 6 week system doesn't really work)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I want the "Spinmallow" from Uncluttered. Thanks for the new link...I think I will laugh often when reading it!

S said...

Retainer + low sugar + low sodium + not much bread is a pretty good diet... much harsher than anything I could commit to!

Josee said...

just wondering how I can get a retainer??