Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Mom and Dad....

would have been married 53 years today. Please enjoy the following picture. This is my mom and dad's little wedding reception. They were married in a hurry because of the Korea War, and my dad was getting shipped out. My parents didn't have much money but they had my mom's family who were all around. They were married in a big church in Quebec City and one of my mom's sisters had a boyfriend at the time who was a Photographer. Therefore, I have some amazing pictures of their wedding. This one is one of my favorites. Look closely....

My Dad is pretending to drink a big bottle of liquor (as my mom used to call any alcoholic drink) and mom has a nice BIG knife at his throat....

That is just so funny and my mom and dad always used to horse around like this. Here's another funny thing.... have a good look at the wedding cake. Can you see what it is made of.... and what is on the top! Zoom in if you can... and enjoy the old fashion pop bottles too.

When you have 4 days to plan a wedding..you do what you can

No comments: