Wednesday, January 10, 2007

WHAT!!

While doing laundry this evening, I remembered for the tenth time this week, that someone, either Michelle, Scott, Stephanie or Sean, left a sweater hanging in the laundry room from there Xmas Frenchies shopping spree. I keep forgetting to ask them which one it belonged to. So, tonight while I was in the laundryroom, I popped over to the computer, jumped onto MSN and asked Stephanie if it was hers or Sean.. I immediately got an answer back. It was so nice. Like being in the room together but not. Stephanie pointed out a quote from a comedian "Mitch Hedburg" as follows.
"I don't own a cell phone or a pager. I just hang around everyone I know, all the time. If someone needs to get ahold of me they just say, "Mitch," and I say, "what" and turn my head slightly...""

MSN is just like that. The first thing I do when I get home from school is check my computer and I always have a tidbit from one of my kids, my sister, my mother-in-law or a friend or two. I love it.

*** I think I have Blogger Block.. I just never know what to write about. I never know what will be interesting to whom... so I will write like I am telling my news to someone very far away and whom I want to keep in touch with. Could be you.

So.. I found a site I am really considering using next Xmas. As my nieces are getting older I am finding it harder and harder to buy them something for Xmas that is meaningful. Gift Certificates have been the easy way out, but not very exciting. Xmas is a time for celebration and giving gifts just feels so good. But, on the other hand, very expensive and very "commercial". Why not do something good for the world, and teach a lesson at the same time.
have a look and let me know what you think....

www.oxfamunwrapped.com

I received a beautiful brooch from my sister for xmas and it was made by my ex-sister in law, Vicki Haddon. She has been creating chainmaille jewelry for a few years and has been selling at various craft fairs in Halifax and New brunswick. The brooch I recieved is stunning and everyone at school has commented on it. She is in the process of developing a website, so as soon as it is up and running I will add it to my favorite sites to visit.


Jill MacD (see her blog at http://www.jillmacd.blogspot.com) has suggested that we have a getaway to the cottage weekend for scrapping with my sister & mother in law. We could have a ball with scrapbooking and the winter relaxation of the cottage... sounds like fun and I will talk to Kim this weekend about it.

catch ya later...

1 comment:

S said...

I never thought I'd see a Mitch Hedburg quote in your blog :)

good to see you writing again though, I guess I ought to update mine.